By Saad Alam Khan
Patna: The state of Bihar is now under complete lockdown from today till July 31.
During this 16-day lockdown the following operations shall remain closed:
- All offices of Govt. Of India shall remain closed.
- All transport services to remain suspended.
- All education, training or research institutions to also remain shut. Online classes are promoted as an alternative.
- All religious places of worship to remain close. No religious congregations shall be allowed under any exception.
Operations to remain open:
- Agricultural activities and shops related to the same, are allowed to function.
- Restaurants and hotels will remain open with strict social distancing.
- Ration shops, grocery stores, dairy and milk booths etc will be allowed to open.
- Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs will also remain open.
- Industrial establishments to be allowed with necessary precautions.
- Private vehicles in the state shall be allowed but the drivers will have to carry their Identity cards and should have a viable reason to commute.
The state of Bihar is seeing increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases and there is a hike in death rate too. Already 174 people have succumbed to the virus while there are more than 19 thousand cases. The state government said the lockdown was a step to contain the virus and stop further spread in the state.