– globalbihari bureau New Delhi: The monsoon trough at mean sea level now runs near its normal position and it is very likely become more marked after 24 hours, the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department (IMD), stated here on Saturday. High convergence of strong moist westerly/southwesterly
– globalbihari bureau New Delhi: An earthquake of magnitude 4.7 on Richter Scale rocked Delhi -NCR at 19:00:50 hours on Friday. The epicentre was 60 km south-southwest of Gurugram (Latitude 28.00 degree North and Longitude 76.69 degree East) in Haryana at the depth of 35 km. The strong tremors were
International Day of the Tropics: 29 June – globalbihari bureau The International Day of the Tropics celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the tropics while highlighting unique challenges and opportunities nations of the Tropics face. It was in 2016 when the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution that declared that
– globalbihari bureau Aizawl: An earthquake of magnitude 4.5 on Richter Scale occurred 295 km South-SouthEast of Champhai in Mizoram on Friday night at 21:35:11 (IST). It occurred at Latitude: 20.96, Longitude: 94.32 and at the depth of 68km. This was the fourth earthquake and third with epicentre close to
– globalbihari bureau Patna: At least 83 people, including three children, were killed in lightning and thunderstorm in Bihar’s five districts — Gopalganj (13 deaths), Darbhanga (5), Siwan (4), Madhubani (2) and West Champaran (2) — on Thursday. In neighbouring Uttar Pradesh too, lightning and rains killed at least 24
– globalbihari bureau Aizawl: A third earthquake within four days, this time of magnitude 4.1 on Richter Scale, hit the region on Wednesday morning at 08:02:36 IST. The epicentre of earthquake, recorded at the depth of 10 km, was at Latitude:23.18 North and Longitude: 93.25 East, which was close to
– globalbihari bureau Aizawl: A second earthquake within 24 hours, this time of magnitude 5.3 on Richter Scale, hit the region on early Monday morning at 04:10:52 IST. The epicentre of earthquake, recorded at the depth of 20 km, was at Latitude:23.22 North and Longitude: 93.24 East, Depth: 20 Km,
– globalbihari bureau Aizawl: An earthquake of magnitude 5.1 on Richter Scale shook the Mizoram capital here at 16:16:24 IST on Sunday. The epicenter was 25 km East-Northeast of Aizawl at on Latitude 23.80 and Longitude 92.96 at the depth of 35 km. Further details are awaited.