Vidisha becomes first district to deploy 5G use cases by startups
Vidisha: This aspirational district of Madhya Pradesh has become the first in India to deploy on-ground innovative 5G use cases offered by startups – a joint initiative by Vidisha District Administration and Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), Department of Telecommunications (DoT) under the guidance of V.L Kantha Rao, Additional Secretary (Telecom) and Administrator, Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
On January 12, 2023, during the Additional Secretary’s visit to Vidisha district, the following 5G/IoT use cases were demonstrated by startups in collaboration with C-DOT:
- Superceuticals- 5G/4G Enabled smart health kiosk for measuring vitals & performing tests almost instantaneously with
- Ambupod: 5G/4G Enabled Auto Ambulance with basic life safety support & measurement of vitals with remote doctor support.
- LogyAI: Cataract Eye Screening application using the smartphone for quick & effective screening of cataract disease
- Easiofy: AR/VR-3D visualization application for Lung & Brain scans (CT/XRAY etc.) for effective diagnosis.
- TechXR: AR/VR- 3D immersive experience kit for students for enhanced learning & teaching tool for innovative teaching methods.
- BKC Aggregators: Fasal Salah App- personalized crop advisory for farmers to take informed decisions and connect with Mandis/Traders, state subsidies/insurance for crops
- Dvara- Surabhi: Unique Biometric muzzle identity of cattle to be used by the state department and insurance companies, and predicting health status of cattle to be used by dairy farmers
- C-DOT (R&D Arm of DoT): One-stop platform integrating all the health suits enabling Tele consultation and e-learning solution suits.
Under the 5G use case promotional pilot, the aforementioned use cases will be deployed at community and district health centres, model schools, Agri and Dairy Farmers, and skill development centres for a period of 1 year and may be extended subsequently as per the need.
These digital solutions will also be powered by BharatNet broadband to provide uninterrupted services to user communities of Vidisha. Post the successful demos of digital solutions on January 12, 2023, purchase cum service orders and agreements have been signed with C-DOT and 7 Startups in presence of dignitaries at the Vidisha district collectorate.
– global bihari bureau