New Delhi: Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman today inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks.
As part of the Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) Reforms, Doorstep Banking Services is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their doorstep through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App. Customers can also track their service request through these channels.
The services shall be rendered by the Doorstep Banking Agents deployed by the selected Service Providers at 100 centres across the country.
At present the following non-financial services are available to customers.:
- Pick up of negotiable instruments (cheque / demand draft / pay order, etc.),
- Pick up of new cheque book requisition slip, pick up of 15G / 15H forms,
- Pick up of IT / GST challan, issue request for standing instructions,
- Request for account statement,
- Delivery of non-personalised cheque book, demand draft, pay order,
- Delivery of term deposit receipt, acknowledgement, etc.,
- Delivery of TDS / Form 16 certificate issuance,
- Delivery of pre-paid instrument / gift card
Financial services shall be made available from October 2020 and the services can be availed by customers of Public Sector Banks at nominal charges.
– globalbihari bureau