Birmingham: India won 6 medals including 4 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal on the final day of the Commonwealth Games 2022, today. With this India reached the overall 4th spot with a total of 61 medals (22 gold, 16 silver and 23 bronze) in the sporting event.
PV Sindhu (Women’s Singles Badminton), Lakshya Sen (Men’s Singles Badminton), Satwik Sairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty (Men’s Doubles Badminton) and Achanta Sharath Kamal (Men’s Singles Table Tennis) clinched the gold medal.
Indian Men’s hockey team got the silver medal and G Santhiyan (Men’s Singles Table Tennis) won the bronze medal.
India’s total medal tally reaches 55 on Day 10
Meanwhile, India won 15 medals including five gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze medals on day 10 of the Commonwealth Games 2022, here yesterday (local time).
With today’s performance, India’s medal tally reached 55 with 18 gold, 15 silver and 22 bronze medals.
Following are the medal winners on Day 10 of the CWG:
- Sharath Kamal/Sreeja Akula (Mixed Doubles TT)
- Nikhat Zareen (Boxing)
- Eldhose Paul (Men’s Triple Jump)
- Amit Panghal (Boxing)
- Nitu Ghanghas (Boxing)
- Abdulla Aboobacker (men’s triple jump)
- Sagar Ahlawat (boxing)
- Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran (table tennis)
- Women cricket team
- Women’s hockey team
- Sandeep Kumar (men’s 10,000m Race-walk)
- Annu Rani (women’s javelin throw)
- Saurav Ghosal and Dipika Pallikal (squash, mixed doubles)
- Kidambi Srikanth (badminton, men’s singles)
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand (badminton, women’s doubles)
President Droupadi Murmu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur congratulated medal winners for their achievements.
– global bihari bureau